Have you ever wished for naturally fuller, longer eyelashes without the hassle of applying mascara or falsies every day? If so, lash extensions might be the perfect solution for you. The question then arises: How to put lash extensions on? Let’s delve into this topic and guide you through the process step by step.
Understanding Lash Extensions
Eyelash extensions are semi-permanent fibers that are attached to your natural eyelashes to enhance the appearance of eyelash length, curl, and thickness. They are applied individually and when done correctly, they should feel light and natural, providing a flawless, mascara-like effect.
How to Put Lash Extensions On: A Professional’s Guide
While it’s highly recommended that lash extensions are applied by a certified professional to ensure the health of your natural lashes and eyes, here’s a glimpse into the process:
- Preparation: The first step involves cleaning your natural lashes and surrounding eye area to remove any oils and makeup residue.
- Protection: The technician will apply under-eye pads or tape to protect your lower lashes and skin during the application process.
- Choosing Extensions: Lash extensions come in various lengths, thicknesses, and curls. The right ones for you will depend on your natural lashes, lifestyle, and desired look.
- Application: Using a special adhesive, the technician will individually attach the extensions to your natural lashes. The glue is designed not to touch the skin or cause damage to your natural lashes.
- Drying: After all the extensions have been applied, the technician will use a handheld fan to help dry the adhesive.
- Final Touches: Finally, the technician will comb through the extensions to separate the lashes and create a natural, fluffy look.
How to Maintain Lash Extensions
Once you’ve got your lash extensions on, it’s important to know how to maintain them:
- Keep Them Dry: Avoid getting your lashes wet for the first 24-48 hours after application.
- No Oil-Based Products: Oil-based makeup and removers can break down the adhesive, so stick to oil-free products around the eye area.
- No Mascara: Avoid applying mascara, especially waterproof mascara, as it can shorten the lifespan of your lash extensions.
- No Rubbing: Try not to rub or pull on your lash extensions, as this can cause your natural lashes to fall out.
DIY Lash Extensions: A Cautionary Tale
While understanding “how to put lash extensions on” can satisfy one’s curiosity or even empower a beauty professional, it’s not recommended for individuals to apply lash extensions on themselves at home.
DIY lash extensions may seem appealing due to the potential cost savings, but they come with significant risks. Firstly, applying lash extensions requires a lot of precision – each extension has to be glued to a single natural lash. It’s an intricate procedure that’s difficult to carry out on yourself.
Secondly, there’s a high risk of eye injuries or infections if the procedure isn’t performed correctly or under sterile conditions. Applying lash extensions also requires sharp tools very close to your eyes, which can be dangerous without the necessary skill and experience.
Lastly, the adhesive used in lash extensions is powerful. If applied improperly, it can cause an allergic reaction, irritation, or damage to your natural lashes.
Why You Should Opt For a Certified Lash Technician
Certified lash technicians have undergone extensive training to learn how to safely and correctly apply lash extensions. They know how to select the right length and thickness to suit your natural lashes and to avoid causing damage.
A lash technician also ensures the adhesive doesn’t come into contact with the skin, reducing the risk of allergic reactions or irritations. They’ll also provide you with detailed aftercare instructions to help you maintain your lash extensions and keep your natural lashes healthy.
Lash extensions can significantly enhance your eyes and simplify your beauty routine. While it’s tempting to consider applying them yourself, knowing “how to put lash extensions on” isn’t enough to execute the procedure safely and effectively. Instead, invest in a professional lash extension service to ensure the health of your natural lashes and the longevity of your lash extensions. After all, your eyes are precious – it’s worth entrusting them to the experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: How long do lash extensions last?
A: Lash extensions can last up to 6-8 weeks, aligning with your natural lash growth cycle. However, fills are recommended every 2-3 weeks to maintain a full look.
Q2: Can I shower or swim with lash extensions?
A: Yes, you can, but it’s best to wait at least 48 hours after application to allow the adhesive to fully dry.
Q3: Can lash extensions damage my natural lashes?
A: When applied correctly by a certified professional and with proper care, lash extensions should not damage your natural lashes.
Q4: Can I use eyeliner with lash extensions?
A: Yes, you can, but it’s best to use oil-free eyeliner and remove it gently with an oil-free makeup remover.
So, if you’ve ever wondered how to put lash extensions on, now you’ve got an idea! Remember, it’s best to leave the application to certified professionals to avoid damage to your natural lashes. With the right care, lash extensions can provide you with stunning, full lashes for weeks on end. Happy lashing!